7/9/10

NUT BUTTER


Ingredients:
1 cup nuts (your choice)
2 tbsp coconut oil
nutritional yeast (optional)
1 tsp raw honey (optional)
patience

You can soak and then dehydrate the nuts or use them as is. Put the nuts (I used almonds, hazelnuts and Brazil nuts) in the food processor. Process until creamy using a spatula from time to time to scrape off the mixture. You need a good food processor for this and a lot of patience but in the end comes... the nut butter! Add the coconut oil and process. You could also add a bit of salt and/or vanilla for taste, or better yet a teaspoon of nutritional yeast and raw honey.

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad to see your blog updated! This looks so yummy! I just made some walnut butter in the food processer the other day. Good idea adding coconut oil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I've been neglecting this blog unfortunately but now I'm back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made some walnut butter the other day...maybe I'll go spread it on a banana now! Mmmm looks so delish!

    ReplyDelete