6/6/10

CARROT CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE MOUSSE



Ingredients for the base:
4 carrots
1 cup dried fruits (your choice)
2 tbsp walnuts
2 tbsp coconut flakes
cinnamon and nutmeg to taste

Ingredients for the mousse:
1 avocado
1 cup pitted dates
2 tbsp raw honey
4-5 tbsp carob or cacao
1 tsp vanilla extract

To make the base:
Soak the walnuts overnight. Rinse and drain, process them and then add the dried fruits (I used pears and dates) and process some more. Peel, wash and juice the carrots. Drink the juice to have energy for what’s to come :) Put the first composition into a bowl, add the carrot pulp, the coconut, the cinnamon and nutmeg and mix (with your hands). You can form mini round cakes like I did and put them in the fridge.

To make the chocolate mousse:
Soak the dates in water for about 20 minutes and process together with the honey and vanilla extract. Mash the avocado with a fork and add to the food processor. You don’t want to overprocess your avocado! Add the carob or cacao powder and process to a creamy consistency. If the mousse is too hard, add a little bit of the soaking water from the dates. Put the mousse over the carrot crust and sprinkle with coconut flakes. Yummmmm…

3 comments:

  1. The title has me checking back every so often for more. Is there more to come? I am salivating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the delay. I somehow managed to post only the title and then I had to run... But thanks for being so patient!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. Better than I was imagining!!! I have missed carrot cake and this looks beautiful. I will be making this.

    ReplyDelete